Our goal is to help your practice attest to meaningful use as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our team of clinical, billing and project management specialists has the diversified knowledge base to address any issues during the transition process.
MEETING MEANINGFUL USE STAGE 1 REQUIREMENTS
Meaningful Use Stage 1 sets the baseline for electronic data capture and information sharing. CMS released a final rule on October 6, 2015 that specifies criteria that eligible professionals must meet to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs. The EHR Incentive Program requirements for 2015 – 2017 include:
- There are 10 objectives including one consolidated public health reporting objective
- 9 Clinical Quality Measures covering at least 3 out of 6 domains
- In 2015 only, Stage 1 providers will have alternate exclusions and specifications within individual objectives including lower thresholds for certain measures and exclusions for Stage 2 measures for which there is no Stage 1 equivalent
- 2015 – For all providers, the reporting period is any continuous 90-day period within the calendar year
- 2016 –
- New participants to the program may report on any continuous 90-day period within the calendar year
- Returning participants will have a reporting period of a full calendar year from January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- 2017 –
- New participants to the program and providers who choose to implement Stage 3 may report on any continuous 90-day period within the calendar year
- Returning participants will have a reporting period of a full calendar year from January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
All providers will be required to have 2014 certified EHR systems. Providers are encouraged to contact their vendor to determine the timing, implementation, and potential costs of upgrading to 2014 certified technology. Click here to view the full list of 2014 certified EHR systems.
How UCF REC Can Help
- Meaningful Use Education
- Gap Analysis
- Selection of Meaningful Use Clinical Quality Measures
- Best Practice Workflow Analysis
- Monitoring of Meaningful Use Compliance
- Security and Risk Analysis
- Provide ONC Approved Policy and Procedure Templates
- Meaningful Use Attestation
- Audit Preparedness
Contact the UCF REC for a FREE consultation and let us assist your practice with Meaningful Use Stage 1.
To learn more about our services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.775.6010.
Click here for Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements.